Saturday, September 1, 2018

This week was replete with miracles! I made an extra effort to have joy in the work and to be where God needed me to be. I prayed to be an answer to the prayers of those around me! The Lord has mercifully opened my eyes and helped me to help His children. It is incredible to watch an individual's faith grow! And that is the success of missionary work -  When God's children have personal experiences with the Spirit that bring them closer to Jesus Christ.

C requested a copy of The Book of Mormon this week. We wanted to follow through and deliver it but couldn't get him on the phone and didn't have a complete address. We drove to his street one night, trusting that the Spirit would lead us. I knew the home that was his as we passed it. A kind neighbor verified. Chris was warm and so excited to receive The Book of Mormon. Ten years ago Chris was given a copy and had read most of the book. In time, his copy was lost. The Spirit brought to his remembrance this sacred text and Chris wanted another copy so that he could finish his reading. He and his family are quite busy but we are hopefully seeing them this weekend!

We met  a couple at the ward fish fry last week. Two of the four children have been baptized members of the Church but the parents were not baptized with them. She came to church on Sunday! Sister Jensen and I taught Sunday school - the lesson was on fasting. The Spirit really took over the classroom and Sister Jensen and I didn't even really teach. Rather, members bore testimony and taught from the scriptures as if they had a copy of our lesson plan! The mom raised her hand half-way through the lesson. "I have been looking for a way to continue to progress in my life. I feel like I've come to a standstill. I never felt comfortable with the way that other churches taught about fasting but this makes sense to me. This is what the Lord needs me to do. This is why I needed to come here today."  We gave her a Bible and Book of Mormon. Before she had left church she had read the introduction to the Book of Mormon, marked the things that were important to her, and was conversing with members about its origin and content. Her and her family and having some temporal challenges but we are praying that they will soon be in a position to meet with us.

On Sunday we, Pooler's missonaries, plus our ward mission leader sang a musical number in sacrament meeting. It was so fun!

Monday night we taught E and his mother, P. . We finally made contact with him 2 weeks ago and had our appointment for this week. He has allowed us to come because he wants to be a better person and he wants spiritual guidance. After we taught about the restoration we asked , "What would it mean to you to know that truth has been restored to the Earth?" or something along those lines. he replied, "It would mean that even in this crazy and busy world that there is hope. That would put a ray of hope in my life.". How right he is. There is hope for all God's children because of the magnificent truths plainly taught by living prophets and by The Book of Mormon - Because Priesthood power has been commended unto men that we may make promises with God enabling us to return to Him- Because the day of miracles has not ceased. They plan to be baptized in September.

All in all - amazing week. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I love Georgia. I love the people here and the work I've been called to do. I'm thankful for my Savior - for the witness of the Holy Ghost borne to my spirit of the truthfulness of the gospel - for my loving Heavenly Father who hears each prayer of my heart. 

Press on! Be not discouraged. Remember your destiny - your privilege - who you were sent to this earth to become. "Behold, we count them happy which endure." -James 5:11

Until next week,

Sister Emma Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment