Wednesday, September 19, 2018

I do believe that in my 17 months and 26 days of missionary service in the Georgia Macon Mission I have neglected to make mention of one of the South's greatest treasures : The Prayer Tent. 

Georgia's streets are covered in churches. As frequent as fast food there is a church... Nearly. There is a Saturday morning practice that many churches of all denominations participate in! Members of the congregation sign up for a shift, take their canopy tents and lawn chairs to the curb in front of their church, and put up signs. "Need Prayer?" "We've Got Prayer" "Come Pray With Us" "Prayer Tent" and people pull over on the side of the road and the members of these churches will speak with them about their needs and situations and then offer a prayer with them. And they'll do it for hours on Saturday. And it's awesome. 

Other things that are awesome: WARNER ROBINS.

R is a solid rock. Actually, she is building her foundation upon a solid rock. We went over yesterday to teach her the plan of salvation but she had done her studying so she taught it to us instead. Yeah. She's awesome. Last Sunday she had stayed up really late taping boxes (she's preparing to move) and she said "I was really tired and I didn't feel well but I knew that going to Church was more important than staying in bed so I went anyways." Amazing. 

We also met a girl this week. We were headed to do some finding in an area and we got a text message. "Hi,  I don't know if you still have my number but I met with the missionaries a while ago. Sorry my life has been so crazy but can y'all please come back?". You already know we turned that car around and went to see her. She lives part-time with a member family and she is engaged to their son. She is a LIGHT. She bore a sweet and simple testimony of The Book of Mormon and it brought the Spirit into that home so powerfully. She has a really good handle on the doctrine and she wants to come unto Christ. however, she is facing some pretty hefty family opposition when she tells her mama she's converting. We don't have a date for her baptism yet.. Partly because K is hesitant. Her family has been going to the same church since the 1700's.. Pray that she will have the faith and courage to go wherever the Spirit leads her, regardless of the circumstances/reactions she may face! 

We went to do some contacting at a park this week and met a lady who just recently moved here to Warner Robins for a fresh start and better opportunities. As we spoke with S we felt impressed to share Mosiah 2:41 with her from The Book of Mormon. "Consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God". Tears welled up in her eyes and she testified that she knew God had sent us to her that very day. We offered SThe Book of Mormon. She responded, "Please. I wanted a copy but I didn't know if I could ask." 

Sister D is on fire. It's such a wonderful thing for me to get to watch her confidence grow. And she teaches me new things every single day. 

All in all all is well. I'm happy. And the work rolls on as a stone to fill the whole world! I am grateful to be a part of the Lord's marvelous work and to have a front-row seat to the miracle of Jesus Christ's Atonement in the lives of those we meet and teach here. 

This week I challenge you to say a grateful prayer. Don't ask for anything. Just thank the Lord for everything you can think of and do it sincerely and it will lift your heart. 

-Sister Gore 

No comments:

Post a Comment