Saturday, September 1, 2018

First off I need to apologize for taking 0 photos this week. My bad!

Zone Conference was this week and it was such a blast! Until after zone conference when I realized that that was my last zone conference on the mission. Next transfer's conference will be replaced with a mission-wide meeting. So that's bizarre.

I have been pondering frequently about agency. The power of choice! I have been trying to slow down my reaction time and to be thoughtful and mindful of the way that I respond to things. As I am an agent unto myself to act and need not be acted upon.
Ex. Last Tuesday I decided to clean out the fridge. I rearranged all the food to start with the bottom shelf. I took it to the bathtub, soaked it, scrubbed it, and picked it  back up again. It shattered in my hand. Hundreds of tiny pieces of glass filled the bathtub. And so I spent the next 40 minutes sweeping, vacuuming, sweeping vacuuming. And then using tweezers to pull the glass out from the shower drain.

And get this - I wasn't even mad. Or annoyed. I was 100% okay with it. AMAZING. It was so tempting to be frustrated but I knew that that wasn't worth it. So I chose not to be. I'm by no means perfect at choosing my reaction but I want to be meek. and temperate. And I've found that one of the attributes of meekness is not being easily irritated, angry, or annoyed. 

God lives. He loves each of you and knows you. He has a plan for your life. By trusting God and putting Him first, all will be made right. 

Yours,

Sister Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment