Saturday, September 1, 2018

Dear everyone,

I wish that I had sufficient time to tell you all about the last 8 days but I just don't. Trust that we are so busy and so happy and I love Warner Robins!! 

We are in the Warner Robins 1st ward. There are some elders in the WR 2nd ward. We share a building. Sister Dillard is awesome. I learn from her every day and it is really pushing me to be a trainer again! Also I didn't realize how incredibly humid it was in Pooler until I came here... wow, sweet relief. There's even a cool breeze here on occasion! 

J - Is very knowledgeable about the Bible, the sisters met him immediately after offering a prayer to know where to go to find someone who would listen to their message. Like... They opened their eyes and he was standing in front of their car in his yard. Crazy. He came to Church on Sunday and really enjoyed it! 

Soooo R called us. 3 seperate times. And left 3 seperate voicemails. They all went a little something like this, "Hi, this is R. I'm fixin' ta join the Church and be baptized. I have a Book of Mormon and my friend has been helping me. If you would just give me a call back I would love to have y'all come see me." Yeah. So she has a member friend in another ward in the stake and she is so ready to make changes in her life and be baptized. She hasn't been to any church since her husband died 10 years ago and she is soaking in the restored gospel. She came to Church Sunday and was so happy.

K  -  the sisters met while walking. He is from Burma and speaks Burmese.... The Book of Mormon has not yet been translated into Burmese... So! We are working on reading with him in English. His pronunciation is great, he just doesn't understand what's happening... Wish us luck! Pray for Kham!

R - Rjust moved from Washington. He called us, too. "Hi, I'm moving to Warner Robins soon and I want to attend church with you guys. I have a Book of Mormon - where can I read it to learn more about faith?". INSANE. We are having a lesson with him this week. 

Monday we had Mission Conference with Elder Clayton C Christensen, Elder Jack N. Gerard, and their totally powerful and inspiring wives. It was incredible. They were all such happy people and so full of conviction and strength in the gospel. Elder Christensen spoke primarily of the nature and role of the Holy Ghost. He talked about how we must be spiritually engaged in every minute of every day. It was such a good day. I was asked to play piano for the meeting and that was also a good experience. 

Sunday I spoke in Sacrament Meeting. I was hoping I would get to do that. The ward here is amazing

All in all I am so happy. And grateful every day for my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Sister Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment