Friday, September 28, 2018

Dear readers,

This is the last of my weekly emails! I hope that in my 18 months of writing and your 18 months of reading you have somehow benefited from what I try to share each week. 

I know that upon my return home in 6 days people will ask "How was your mission?". And I will feel as the Prophet Joseph Smith when he said, "Language is a narrow little prison.". I wish there was a way for me to share with you a portion of the joy that has been mine as I have served the Lord and His children in the Georgia Macon Mission. My time here has been unforgettable and is so precious to me. I cannot count the miracles I have seen and cannot begin to express the gratitude that I feel to my Father in Heaven for calling me to His work.  

It has been a happy and busy week in Zion!

K is doing really well and has accepted an invitation to be baptized. Teaching him has been different than anyone else my whole mission. We use a lot of examples and scenarios to explain principles. Visuals help him a lot, too. he is so service oriented and really loves his Savior.

I went to my last zone conference this week and on my last exchange - with Sister Orton! 

R has made the decision to join the Church of Jesus Christ and will enter the waters of baptism this Saturday - my last Saturday in the mission field. It has been a privilege to teach her and watch her faith and understanding enlarge and expand. She is a miracle and I have a firm hope that she will continue on the strait and narrow path to making more covenants in the temple. 

Sister Dillard is finished her training. Warner Robins, and whoever comes here to replace me, will be in such capable and good hands. 

I feel a great deal of peace and calmness about returning home. The Lord has taught me, over and over, about the importance of and joy that comes from willing service to God's children. There is more to be done upon my return home - more testimony to share, more hearts to gladden, more burdens to lift. And I am eager to continue helping Heavenly Father fulfill His purposes and plan.

I know that God lives and that He is loving and kind to all. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and our Savior. He invites ALL to come unto Him - to repent - to receive His image in our countenances -  and "whosoever will come may come and partake of the waters of life freely". I am grateful for the Holy Ghost - as a testator, comforter, and friend. I am thankful for the daily and hourly guidance of the Spirit - to respond and speak under the power of the Holy Ghost is such a sweet thing!

Thank you for your prayers and faith and thoughts and letters and emails. You are wonderful.

See you next week. :)

-Sister Emma Gore



1 comment: