Saturday, September 1, 2018


Emma Caroline Gore

Tue, Aug 21, 10:01 AM (11 days ago)
to RogermeAmeliaK.R.HeidiJordan
Another week of miracles in the Georgia Macon Mission --

And I've been transferred! I am no longer serving as a Sister Training Leader but have instead been assigned to serve as a trainer! We pulled out of Pooler, GA at 7am this morning and I am so excited to spend the last 6 weeks of my mission in Warner Robins, GA! My companion is Sister Dillard from Layton, UT. She has been out 6 weeks so I will finish the 2nd half of her training before heading home. She has a lot of energy and excitement for the work!

A summation of the work in Pooler when I left:

Brother M is still doing awesome! He and his wife came to Church on Sunday and LOVED IT. He is recognizing the goodness and happiness that is beginning to stream more fully into his life as he begins to learn about the restored gospel.

H came to Church again, the ward leaders are meeting her parents, she just got started on Personal Progress. Awesome awesome.

There were 5 visitors in the congregation Sunday! Amazing!

We also did Pooler's blitz on Saturday and it was phenomenal. So many members came out to help us. And we discovered a few part-member households in the ward that Sister Jensen and her new companion will get to start working with!

Today is the first day of my last transfer as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I can hardly believe that. I remember distinctly the day that I hit my 2-month mark. Feeling like I would be on my mission forever! And here we are. 

I have set some important goals for myself this transfer and I am so grateful for the time that I will have here to learn from Sister Dillard and to help these people! Slowing down is not an option - the time is far spent - and my heart is eager and willing to do whatever the Lord requires in His great work of salvation. 

Please know that I love each of you dearly. I am so grateful for your emails of encouragement and your prayers. You rock!

Jesus Christ lives. He is the Son of God. I know that as we follow His perfect example that we can find sincere happiness. Not fleeting pleasure, but God-given joy that fills us and carries us through life's sometimes stormy seas.

Make it a wonderful week! 

Yours,

Sister Emma Gore




No comments:

Post a Comment