Wednesday, February 7, 2018

This week flew by! Not a lot happened but a lot got done. If that makes sense.

I went on exchanges with Sister O this week in North Augusta and that was so fun. It was honestly like we had never actually left each other. We have both grown so much and it was good to teach together again. She is such a good example to me of charity and incredible diligence in her missionary efforts and in her obedience. Her love for the Lord is so apparent. 

We also had Mission Leader Council this week in Macon. Friday we left our apartment around 5:30 and MLC was from 10-4. I got to play piano for the meeting which was awesome. I love playing. And am thankful that the Spirit has quickened my talents. And for President Grayson's humble and inspired leadership. 

We saw the M family this week. They have been reading from the Book of Mormon in English and their ability to speak the language has improved dramatically. Incredible to see the growth in so short a time as they show the Lord their love for Him.

I was studying this week about the purpose of Earth life and our time in mortality. Usually when I teach this principle I use Alma 34:32. This week in my studies I took a closer look at the surrounding verses and found this in verse 33:
"And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed."
I loved the phrase "prepare for eternity". That rang so true with me and caused me reflection about what things really matter - what things will matter as we leave this life and embark as immortal beings into eternity. This life is only so long. Really, it's quite brief. Let us not procrastinate repentance and change and turning to the Lord and making necessary changes such that we ARE prepared for an eternity of progression spent in the presence of our families and our God. 

Have an awesome week.

-Sister Gore

Welcome to Aiken 

With a senior couple before they went home. They are related through marriage to Grandma Gore


No comments:

Post a Comment