Thursday, February 8, 2018

Dear everyone,

Sister Fielding turns 20 on Monday!! If you feel inclined to do so, you're more than welcome to send her a birthday card. You can address that to:

Thanks to everyone who already has! I appreciate that so much. 

Sister Fielding and I came to the close of our first 6 weeks together and are beginning our second transfer together this week! Missionary time is so bizarre. I feel like I've been in Aiken 2 weeks with 6 months' worth of experiences. I can't put into words the incredible volume of the things I have learned in so short a time. I feel so humbled to be the Lord's servant and to be trusted by him to serve here. 

J is doing awesome. She hasn't had a cigarette in 21 days!! We are so very proud of her. On Saturday her tire went totally flat in ​​the parking lot at work so we went over with the Elders to change the tire for her. She asked for a Book of Mormon and some of the pamphlets missionaries use to teach to give to a coworker of hers who has been asking questions about what she is learning with us. AMAZING. Look at that missionary work! 

My studies this week were so cool. I read in the Topical Guide to the Scriptures about commitment. 
Here are some of my favorites:
...with thine whole heart have I sought thee... Psalms 119:10 (Old Testament)
...If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples... John 8:31(New Testament)
...come unto him, and offer your whole souls... Omni 1:26 (Book of Mormon)
So many of the scriptures from each book of scripture referenced the heart and that we serve God will all that we have, continuing to follow the example of Jesus Christ. This study caused me to ponder. I'll pose some of the same questions I asked myself to you: Am I really committed to whole-hardheartedly living the gospel of Jesus Christ? What am I doing to show the Savior that I truly am His disciple? What more can I sacrifice and give to God? 
Discipleship takes discipline. It is not a simple task. It is not for the faint of heart. But it is a sure way to find peace as the Spirit bears witness that we are on the strait and narrow path home to a loving Father in Heaven. 

Last thing, the Georgia Macon Mission has officially been authorized for technology and we will begin to use smartphones in our proselyting efforts in the next 4-6 weeks. I am so excited for this!! Our effectiveness is just going to increase so much. It will be amazing to have all our records in a phone. Currently, we lug around 3 separate 3" binders! What a blessing this new technology will be in furthering the Lord's work.

I love each of you. Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. His church and His priesthood power have been restored to the Earth by the prophet Joseph Smith. Families can be together forever when bound together by this priesthood power in temples of God. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It teaches plainly and powerfully of Jesus Christ's atoning sacrifice and invites each of us to "come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him."

Have a wonderful week! 

Do good. 

Also do yourself a favor and watch this video: ​​

-Sister Emma Gore

Serving the Lord in Akin South Carolina - part 1

And part 2-  ha ha 

Looks like there are fields of cotton in
Georgia   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment