Thursday, February 8, 2018

Hey hey.

This week was crazy. We had Wednesday to proselyte, then spent Thursday planning for the coming week, drove up to Macon for Mission leadership council all day Friday, stayed the night in Perry, then drove back to Macon on Saturday morning for a 2 hour mission-wide conference with Elder Costa of the Seventy and then had lunch and another mission leadership council for 2 hours with Elder Costa. So.. we're totally exhausted. I am so tired. I can't remember the last time I was this tired. But it's a good tired. At least, that's what I tell myself.  


J is still doing well. She says that she feels like she's in a "limbo" - not quite able to prepare for baptism but just waiting. In our lesson this week she said something to the effect of, "I'm starting to realize that I'm not one of the lost sheep anymore but I'm being brought into the fold." What a tender understanding she has. Jesus Christ, as the good shepherd, has commissioned each of us to be his under-shepherd's in rescuing those who have wandered and are not joined with the body of Christ. I am thankful for this, and that the Savior is our example in all things.

Friday's MLC was insane because we literally spent the whole 6 hours watching and discussing technology training videos from Elder Bednar. I am SO EXCITED to have technology. They will seriously expand our ability to find or be found by those who are prepared to hear the gospel. Elder Bednar repeatedly shared this message with us in those videos: The Lord trusts you and you have the capacity to live worthy of that trust. How true! For each of us! 

Along those same lines, I have thought often this week about the word "steward". I usually don't think about many things too deeply. I touch on lots and lots of things but it's more rare that I pin something down and focus on it. I have been learning to "ponder" my whole mission. This week the word "steward" kept resurfacing in my mind. In other words, the Spirit continually pulled this idea to the front of my mind. Put in my own terms, and simply, a steward is someone who is responsible for something and accountable for it. The Lord has blessed each of us with much. He has allowed us an opportunity to be stewards in this life over our families, finances, time, technology, so on and so forth. God needs those who are accountable, responsible, wise, and faithful with the things they have been given. As we show God our gratitude by being wise stewards, He will bless us with MORE and we can continuously be tools in His hands for the salvation of souls and furthering of His work. Especially as technology is being introduced to the mission, I have pondered about how I can responsibly use this new tool and also about what other things I can be more accountable to the Lord about. I would challenge you this week to think about the things that you have stewardship over and to consider how you can magnify your responsibilities and do more good of your own free will. Perhaps it is a relationship with a loved one, perhaps it is something at work, maybe someone whom you know is sick or in need. Reach out. Do good. Be faithful. 

Mission conference Saturday was so uplifting. It's a rare thing in a mission as big, geographically, as the GMM to have everyone together but we got everyone together!! It was awesome. Elder Costa is powerful and good. He LOVES missionaries and missionary work. I left my notes at home, shame on me, but...I'll try and send you some awesome one-liners next week?

Also on Friday in Perry I got to see A and C!! I sat on their couch with my current companion and with my MTC companion and taught her about prophets, actually she taught us. But I got to see them and they're doing so good!! They both read form the Book of Mormon every day. I asked them what they biggest difference is since they were baptized and received the Holy Ghost. They said that they are so much happier. They have true joy and peace and they recognize the Holy Ghost. A, who is reading in 3 Nephi 20, said that the Book of Mormon is teaching her so much about having faith and enduring even when things are hard. That was such a tender mercy for me to go there. God is good.

I love you!

Also, please remember:  "You are in His hands.  Very good hands.  Loving hands. Caring hands.And nothing anyone ever says about you can change that. Their words are meaningless compared to what God has said about you.  You are His precious child.   He loves you.  Even when you stumble, even when you turn away from Him, God loves you. If you are feeling lost, abandoned, or forgotten—fear not. The Good Shepherd will find you. He will lift you upon His shoulders. And He will carry you home."
-Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Have an awesome week, please!

-Sister Emma Gore


Sister Shakespear, Sister Gore and Elder Hellander - all in the MTC together - at all mission conference

Back in Perry, GA with A and C - so happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment