Sunday, June 25, 2017

tender mercies

Hi, all. 

Here are some things that happened this week that don't really matter too much but that made me really happy and thankful:
1. I got to play a trumpet this week! A member had one at their home and let me play it after we ate with them and I still have the fight song and national anthem memorized and it was so awesome and I totally need to get back into that when I get home. 
2. A member brought us pizza this week and I haven't had pizza since I left home which is super weird because I used to have homemade pizza like... weekly. Anyways, it was so so good and Sister H doesn't even like pizza so I've been eating leftovers all week. WIN.
3. No matter how much water I drink I always feel a little bit dehydrated. This week, someone gave us water every time that we went out tracting and it was so wonderful.
4. On... Thursday night there was a huge thunderstorm and we sat on the porch for like an hour after we got home and watched the lightning and ultimately ended up pretty wet but it was so happy and good.
5. We ran into a member at the store this week and they bought us ice cream. I love ice cream.
6. A family in the ward made salsa and jalapeno pepper something-or-other and they gave us a jar.
7. We got to pick blueberries with Bishop's family from someone's little farm in town. 

It's the small stuff. Tender mercies do abound. 

We currently have one really solid investigator. Her name is Angela and we've been able to see her about 3 times a week which is a HUGE blessing. We gave her a Book of Mormon on Wednesday and when we went back to see her on Saturday she had already read all of 1 Nephi. She had really amazing questions about who Gentiles are and why Laman and Lemuel were always rebelling and why Ishmeal needed to bring his family and so on. She retained like.. everything she read and said that she can't wait to keep reading and learn more. She is feeling her testimony of Jesus Christ grow. The Book of Mormon is so powerful. When combined with the Spirit, it is the most powerful tool in conversion. 

I finished reading the Book of Mormon today! Truly, it is the word of God. I could never deny that. I have a testimony that everything in that book is of great worth unto us - that by studying, pondering, and praying about the principles found in the Book of Mormon we can find real answers to real problems and receive heaven's help in our lives. I have been pondering as I have approached the end of the Book about what light I want to study it in next - I think I have decided to focus on the Plan of Salvation. I am way excited.

Have a happy and safe week!
-Sister Gore :)

Blueberry picking


Bucket of berries.  And a smile  on PDAY


No comments:

Post a Comment