Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Hi! 

This week was a blast.

Sister Jensen and I spent a few hours contacting this week at a new park we found super close to our house!  Awesome place. We have met so many people there! It's always populated.. what a blessing. 

Also! A new version of Preach My Gospel has been released! I've been reading the new version on my phone next to my well-loved paper copy. There are changes everywhere, though small. Usually a word or two or maybe a new paragraph or quote. Some chapters are changed more drastically then others. Nonetheless, super exciting stuff. Included near the beginning of the manual is this pargraph: "Preach My Gospel is as much for Church members as it is for the full-time missionaries of the Church. The principles and doctrine taught in this guide are applicable to all members as they seek to build the Lord’s kingdom. Frequent study of this manual will help members better answer gospel questions, learn and teach the doctrine of Christ’s gospel, fulfill their responsibilities as member missionaries, and foster unity with the full-time missionaries."

Update (or install) the Gospel Library app and make Preach My Gospel part of your study! It can help you to have more meaningful study of the scriptures, learn to recognize and follow the Spirit, share the sacred truths of the gospel in and out of your home, and learn of Jesus Christ!

Interviews with President Grayson were this week. He said "Sister Gore, you buoy me up". Made me so happy. He works so hard! 

We also taught a woman named J this week. She is the lady that we met who watches BYUTV and all that good jazz. She had a lot of questions because of misconceptions about The Book of Mormon and about Joseph Smith. Ultimately, she received the message well and was thrilled to discover that The Book of Mormon has an app! We have another appointment with her this coming week. 

We had District Council on Monday. Our discussion revolved around charity. One missionary asked how it is that God has perfect love for us - who are so fallible and lost and imperfect. As we spoke of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love I thought of the words of a hymn:

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

Elder Holland taught, “The greater definition of ‘the pure love of Christ,’ ...is not what we as Christians try but largely fail to demonstrate toward others but rather what Christ totally succeeded in demonstrating toward us. True charity has been known only once. It is shown perfectly and purely in Christ’s unfailing, ultimate, and atoning love for us. It is Christ’s love for us that ‘suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not.’ It is his love for us that is not ‘puffed up … , not easily provoked, thinketh no evil.’ It is Christ’s love for us that ‘beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.’ It is as demonstrated in Christ that ‘charity never faileth.’ It is that charity—his pure love for us—without which we would be nothing, hopeless, of all men and women most miserable. Truly, those found possessed of the blessings of his love at the last day—the Atonement, the Resurrection, eternal life, eternal promise—surely it shall be well with them."

I am ever indebted to Jesus Christ and always grateful for His perfect, unfailing, limitless love for me - for the miracle of His forgiveness, grace, and mercy which is offered as a direct result of His matchless charity. 

I know that God is our Father. I know that He loves each of His precious children. And I know, without a doubt, that our Father in Heaven never gives up on us. He never stops calling us home. He never stops working on us - seeking to refine us, heal us, bless us, encourage us, and ultimately enable us to return and dwell in His presence,with our families,for eternity.

-Sister Emma Gore


No comments:

Post a Comment