Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Hey hey hey--

Transfer calls were Saturday. I am staying in Pooler!! I have so much peace about this. I know that there is work here that the Lord needs me to do. I am eager to  serve and teach God's children in any and every way that is pleasing unto Him. 

We celebrated Independence day aka the best day of the year last week!! It was such a good day. Heavenly Father helped us to just have fun and enjoy our holiday and still get stuff done! We actually taught 3 lessons on the 4th! And contacted a lot. Do take time to ponder on the design of our God in liberating this chosen land that His Church and Kingdom may be restored upon its soil and eventually fill the whole Earth. How blessed we are to have religious freedoms. "We claim the privilege of worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privelege, let them worship how, where, or what they may."

Mwelcomed us into her home again this week. When we arrived she had been reading on mormon.org about the plan of salvation. She had never before learned that we were spirit children of God who dwelt in His presence before coming to this Earth, though it is taught in the Bible (see Jeremiah 1:5,  Hebrews 12:9). Of this new-found truth, Mary described her feeling at first as that of falling from a tall building - then hitting a trampoline and eventually coming to a stillness once again. Mary said, "Learning this grounded me".  As we continued to discuss the "reality of our premortal existence, the purpose of our life on Earth, and the potential for the sons and daughters of God in the life to come" her countenance changed. She became so reverent and was awed by the perfect plan God has created for us.

We've had the privelege of teaching J twice since I last wrote. Once to teach her the plan of salvation. She was amazed by the doctrine of the Fall taught clearly in The Book of Mormon. Modern revelation departs drastically from mainstream Christianity, correcting the false notion that Adam and Eve's fall was unintended and should be viewed as a great tragedy. J loved to learn that without Adams transgression, none of the rest of God's children would've had the privelege of coming to this Earth to receive a mortal body and gain experience. I think her words were "Adam and Eve would be exactly as they were then but a kajillion years old!". Pretty much.  We saw her again yesterday with a member of the ward. They connected so well!! And as we talked with this member after the lesson she provided valuable insight into her needs that Sister Jensen and I had not previously considered. I

I have gained a heightened appreciation for the incredible power of prayer.  I know that God knows perfectly each of His children - knows our desires and fears and hopes - wants to help us. I know that Jesus Christ has overcome the world and that by relying on Him and living the principles of His gospel will may find steadiness and constancy and relief. I have felt the love of God in a new way in the past 2 weeks. In a way that is almost constant and keeps me grounded. I feel that my relationship with my Heavenly Father has changed and become stronger. I'm so thankful that "God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever." (Alma 26:37).

Make it a wonderful week!

Do many good things. 

Have fun. Be safe.

-Sister Gore


No comments:

Post a Comment