Sunday, April 1, 2018

Hi, everyone.

This week Sister Rowland and I needed to buy a a new whiteboard. We have one right now but it's 12"x12" and just not cutting it. We need room to write goals and keep track of everyone we meet and things we need to accomplish for the ward or as mission leaders. So. We headed over to Home Depot. Because... Cheap white board material and a whole lot of it. Gosh I have never felt more out of place in my life than trying to find paneling and then someone to saw it in half and then hauling it outside to find that it wouldn't fit in our Malibu so dragging it all back inside to have it cut into fourths and then finally leaving. Feeling accomplished. It was just hilarious. 

This week I went on exchanges in Savannah and that was a blast. It's such a pretty city. Friday was zone conference so now the rest of the missionaries in the area have their smartphones! Which is awesome because there are some very creative missionaries in our area and now Sister Rowland and I get to hear all their awesome ideas about how to use technology and share our own! 

Easter is coming and so is General Conference! I've been reading as many talks about Holy Week and the Atonement and the Resurrection as I possibly can and reading of the Savior's last week in the New Testament. I have felt the Spirit in such greater abundance as I have focused on Jesus Christ. As I have pondered and prayerfully studied about Jesus Christ's teachings and character, my love for Him and desire to follow Him as grown. I have been led by the Spirit to ponder about discipleship. The root of the word disciple means student, and I love the idea that we should be students of Christ. Moroni, a Book of Mormon prophet, declares, "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God." These have become my favorite words. Dallin H. Oaks taught, "Following Christ is not a casual or occasional practice but a continuous commitment and way of life." 

I am so grateful that Conference is Saturday and Sunday because we will have the opportunity to have our testimonies of the Savior strengthened and renewed. Please set aside time to hear the words of the Lord's chosen servants. Bring a question that has weighed on your heart and mind. Open your heart to the Spirit of the Lord which will teach you all truth and guide you in righteousness. I can promise you that as you prayerfully prepare for and participate in conference that you will be able to feel of the everlasting love of our Heavenly Father and see His hand in your life as you act upon the messages.




Sister Gore

White board!!!  :)

Zone conference

No comments:

Post a Comment