Sunday, April 1, 2018

Hello hello.

This week the weather has been so gentle and warm so Sister Rowland and I have moved as many activities outside as possible. We study and eat outside and it's so nice. There are pink and purple flowers growing all over the Pooler area and we smell them all day long. I daily receive confirmation that I am where I need to be, meeting the people God needs me to meet, and fulfilling my purpose at this time. Rainy season and tornado season are moving in. I am excited for the heat, though not the bugs, and glad I have 2 summers and not 2 winters. The Pooler Ward is unique. It's mostly just older couples and then a handful of really young families. Apparently the schools in the county are terrible so nearly everyone who was once in the Pooler ward has since moved somewhere nearby with better education for their children. Pooler's bishop is very focused on doing family history and focuses the ward on the temple which I love.  

On Wednesday we went on exchanges with the Hilton Head sisters. I stayed in Pooler with Sister L who is brand new to the Georgia Macon Mission. Sister L is on fire and it was so fun to work with her! She said she was feeling some anxiety about her first exchange but she was completely engaged and involved the whole time it was so awesome. She really just is so happy to be here serving and is a great example to me. That was one of the most rewarding exchanges I've ever been on, either as a leader or not. So many things that happened that day let us both know that God was aware of us. Sister L and I both had prayers answered through simple observation of each other on the exchange. I was leading in the area for the first time after just serving here for 1 week. I didn't feel nervous about this because I had been praying and pondering to prepare for this exchange. I knew that I would be blessed with impressions from the Spirit and I continued praying all that day that we would know where to go and what to say and that God would send people for us to talk to. By the end of the exchange we had set 5 return appointments, taught 2 other lessons to investigators, and had a serious breakthrough in understanding with a less-active family. Exchange miracles are so real! Bonus: saw the ocean from the Hilton Head sisters apartment complex. And Sister Rowland saw a gator! 

 A Book of Mormon prophet named Alma teaches that  even a particle of faith exists where there is desire and that we should let this desire grow in us. Both of the individuals we visited last weekend carried their desire with them all the way to church this Sunday. The Lord has prepared them, at the hand of faithful friends who loved and invited, to partake of the blessings He has in store for those who are obedient to Him.
Speaking of prophets, General Conference is coming! I really don't think you understand how excited I am.  On March 31 and April 1 we have the opportunity to hear from current prophets and apostles of the Lord and receive direction and counsel from them. I've been pondering what questions I need to prepare to have answered by the Spirit and would invite you to view the same!

Look for the good. 
Remember God. 
Be diligent. 
Press forward.

See you next week,
Sister Gore 

GATOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment