Monday, March 12, 2018

Dear all,

This week I turned 20 and it was actually the best birthday I've ever had. It was so full of little tender mercies. Here's a few:

1. My incredible companion somehow got a ton of people from the ward to write on these index cards she had and then managed to tape them up all over the apartment so I woke up on my birthday to find them. Like over 50 of them.
2. We were having dinner witha family whom we love to death. On Sunday, She had asked me what I wanted for dinner on my birthday and I didn't know so I said I'd text her.  And then I didn't because.. I really didn't know. On Thursady I said to Sister Fielding, "Okay, what I really want is like a good homemade cheeseburger, and then we moved on. And showed up at their house. And ate homemade cheeseburgers for dinner. 
3. Saturday night was also stake conference for the congregations in the area so I got to see Sister O whom I love dearly and she brought me cake and then like 30 missionaries sang to me how fun is that?
4. As we drove home from stake conference we saw FIREWORKS. I love fireworks. 
It was just an awesome day and I felt that Heavenly Father was aware of me. 

I really don't believe that there are coincidences in this life. I do believe that God knows and loves His children and wants them to recognize His hand in all things. Elder Rasband said that what we might call 'coincidences' are actually part of God's 'divine design'.

Ronald A. Rasband taught, "When we are righteous, willing, and able, when we are striving to be worthy and qualified, we progress to places we never imagined and become part of Heavenly Father’s “divine design.” Each of us has divinity within us. When we see God working through us and with us, may we be encouraged, even grateful for that guidance...The Lord’s hand is guiding you. By “divine design,” He is in the small details of your life as well as the major milestones. As it says in Proverbs, “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; … and he shall direct thy paths.” I testify that He will bless you, sustain you, and bring you peace."

I really cannot express the gratitude and happiness that I feel. I am so blessed to be able to serve the Lord. I am thankful for my mission and for the incredible experiences I have had and people I have met. I am thankful for the really hard times and dry patches and also for the times when I just feel on top of the world. 

Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He did come to this Earth. He will come again. Learn of Him. Find true peace in Christ when the world offers none.

I love you! Please have a great week and laugh at yourself when you need to and do something kind. :)

-Sister Gore

Happy Birthday Sister Gore


No comments:

Post a Comment