Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Hi! I am sure that some really awesome stuff happened this week but I don't remember any of it except Elder Klebingat. So.

Let's see, we went to Macon for conference on Saturday. We wanted to leave at 6. But then neglected to turn on the alarm that we set. So we woke up, luckily, at 6:06. And were in the car by 6:18 (hold the applause) and still managed to get McDonald's for breakfast (now you may applaud).

Anyways, super awesome conference! I'm not even sure how to communicate it all to you. Here are some thoughts that might be valuable to you: 

1. Silence in the face of calamity is sin.
2. Do not be casual - arise and shine forth.
3. It is always better to avoid sin than to resist sin.
4. The pain of discipline weighs ounces; the pain of regret weighs tons.
5. The gates of sin open inwardly.
6. Recognizing the distance between ourselves and the Savior is happy. Grow.
7. DECIDE to love the gospel/Book of Mormon/Savior/etc and then DECIDE to never let that love fade.
8. Be conscientious. Do not sit back and see what happens. Plan. Make goals. Take things to the Lord. Bring about good in your own life.

He talked a ton about the scattering and gathering of Israel which I then studied more on my own. We actually ended up teaching the lesson about it on Sunday in gospel principles! I remember learning about it in seminary but understanding it on a very surface level and not understanding why I needed to know. And now I get it. And I understand more fully why I get out of bed at 630 hundreds of miles away from my family. Because the Lord made covenants. And is keeping them. God's work is the family - His family - and as a minister of the restored gospel I have the unique privilege and responsibility to gather God's children - to give them the knowledge they need to covenant with God and return to Him and receive all of the blessings He desires us to have. I wish I could.. share with you the feelings that I have about all of it. Emails don't cut it - I want you to be able to feel what I feel - but that's okay. 

Pretty much the best weekend ever. 

Also, Sister V went home on Monday and I got to see her at the conference on Saturday! So thankful for her. 

Have the best week ever until next week. 

Love,
Sister Gore



With Sister V before she went home 

Because

What else are you going to do on Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment