Saturday, October 14, 2017

Week 2 in Grovetown. 

I've never been so tired in my life. We spent all our time walking. In the sun. I sleep like a rock. It's amazing.

Grovetown is interesting because it doesn't feel like GA. It's a military community so.. no one is even really from here. Also it was cold this week so that was odd. Who knew that happened in GA? 

This week we met our ward mission leader. He is from AZ and sells.. something to do with trash. Anyways, he's super awesome and has a lot of energy for missionary work. We had ward coordination at his house with the Elders the other day,he taught Sister S and I so much and we've been using it as we tract and people are way more open to us and to talking and it's awesome. . 

General Conference was this weekend! It's basically Christmas as a missionary. So good. I loved President Nelson's pondering of the Book of Momon:
How precious is the Book of Mormon to me?
What would my life be like without the Book of Mormon? what would I not know? what would I not have? 
When I think of the Book of Mormon I think of ____.

I've been pondering the answers to those questions yesterday and today. I took about 30 minutes of my study this morning to reflect on what the Book of Mormon really is and why that has matters in my life. To share a few thoughts:

The Book of Mormon taught me to fully repent and change.
The Book of Mormon is my first source of knowledge and understanding in regard to the infinite Atonement of Jesus Christ.
The Book of Mormon confirms the reality of a life after death.
The Book of Mormon shows us how to withstand temptation.
The Book of Mormon brings light into my life - light that can only emanate from that which is true and good and testifies of Christ - light that leads to repent and reach for a better way. The Book of Mormon leads us home to a loving and merciful Father in Heaven, eager to grant us eternal joy and progression according to our deeds and intents here upon the Earth. 

I also loved Elder Arden's words. He encouraged us to be patient disciples, waiting upon the Lord, holding to the things we do know and feel and understand while waiting for further knowledge. He encouraged us to "pay the price" for gospel knowledge. Are we willing to do so? Do we trust Heavenly Father?

Keep being awesome. 

"Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"

Love,
Sister Gore



No comments:

Post a Comment