Saturday, September 23, 2017

Hi.

Tomorrow at roughly 10am ET I will have a new companion and be headed to a new area. Which is insane. Because I just barely got to Perry like... 2 days ago. And Sister Ois training. Which makes me a grandma. (I'm so proud of her.)  I love this place. And these people who are so good and who have such faith and love for the Lord. The Lord has wrought many mighty miracles in Perry. 
Also, I was blessed with some miracles this week that I feel like Heavenly Father allowed me because I am leaving:

A's mom has committed to be baptized on the 21st of October. Her fear is gone. She said "I know this is the way I want to go". I am proud of her. 

On Friday night Sister O and I were working in a neighborhood that a handful of members, less-active members, and investigators live in. It's a busy place. Anyways, it's also a very big place and so we were driving from one corner of the neighborhood to the other and passed the home of a sweet member of the ward. Months ago, this member referred us to her friend who really was going through a hard time and was looking for a church and needed the direction and peace that come from a knowledge of the gospel and the Plan of Salvation. She gave us her address. Yet, for literal months, we could never catch her at home or at this member's home. We kind of put it on the back burner. The member said she is very busy and rarely home because she works such bad hours. As we drove by this member's home, we saw a lady just standing in the front yard. We  were both sure that it was her. Knew it was her. She talked with us for about 15 minutes about the challenges she is facing and wanting to be closer to God. We invited her to hear our message. No one as yet has responded so enthusiastically as she did. Miracle! Long time in coming. 

It has been incredible to focus on listening. It seems that as we do, the Lord sends us to people who are ready to open up and help us to hear and understand and meet their needs. It changes everything about missionary work.

"Shrink not from your duty, however unpleasant,
But follow the Savior, your pattern and friend.
Our little afflictions, tho painful at present,
Ere long, with the righteous, in glory will end,

Be fixed in your purpose, for Satan will try you;
The weight of your calling he perfectly knows.
Your path may be thorny, but Jesus is nigh you;
His arm is sufficient, tho demons oppose."

-Sister Gore


Sister O.  



No comments:

Post a Comment