Friday, September 8, 2017

Hi All,

Here's an update about some of the people we are seeing:
C- A'as mother. We taught her the Restoration this week. We asked her how she felt and she covered her mouth and said, "Well.. I think it's true!" as if that were the biggest shock to her. So precious. She is coming to church and reading the Book of Mormon. She is contemplative and thoughtful, much like A. Pray that her faith will grow so that she can follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. 

H and G - We found them I think.. 2 weeks ago. We taught them the Restoration this week. Oh, it was such a good lesson. Before we even showed up he said that they had prayed to have open hearts to our message. G, at least, has studied with just about every religion he could. We shared our message and I really understood about teaching to needs as they asked thoughtful and sincere questions which we answered with the help of the Spirit. As we talked about Joseph Smith's calling as a prophet of God, he asked, "Okay so every missionary or minister that I meet with has a story like yours that seems good and is about Jesus Christ. And they don't seem to be doing anything evil and neither do y'all. So how are you any different from everybody else and why should I listen to you? How can I know you are any different?" Perfect question!! In Matthew 7 the Savior teaches that we will know a work by its fruits. Sister O and I introduced the Book of Mormon - Joseph Smith's fruits - to them. I was so thankful then for that Book - a second witness - a convincing evidence. I was thankful that Heavenly Father had led us to honest seekers of truth. I Pray that they will feel the incredible power of the Book of Mormon.

On Saturday A was baptized and on Sunday she received the gift of the Holy Ghost as was confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Precious day - long awaited - long in the making.  I have never seen her so happy as she was those two days. There is a physical change in her- a new light in her face that is so obvious. I feel so blessed to know her. She has made such an impression on me as I have watched the gospel change her - watched A pray and talk to her Heavenly Father and learn, then accept and act upon, His will for her. 

Sister O has been out 9 weeks - next week she starts driving and that is so crazy. I'm also gonna have her "train" me with the book we use. It'll be good. She's a powerful servant of the Lord, humble and full of love for God. Her only desire is to please Him. She is helping me grow. I'm so lucky.

We are officially scheduled to eat squirrel on Friday, September 1

at 5pm Eastern. Prayers requested. Just kidding - I am excited? I think. I'm really not sure.

Anyways, I love you.
"There's a right way to live and be happy.
It is choosing the right every day."
Don't forget it!

-Sister Gore

(see hymn 8 in re:my subject. It's a good one - a new favorite)



What a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment