Tuesday, April 4, 2017

MTC: The Final Countdown

Hi!

This week was really hard physically and really powerful spiritually. I got way sick on Monday. Sinus congestion, totally laid out. I had to go back to the residence at like 6. I slept for 11 hours. #blest. But I'm still sick!! On Saturday! I have a hacking cough and my nose is super runny. There's just no time to rest and allow my body to catch up. I guess I could've taken something but I didn't feel like I could. It's okay though.

This week in class I learned the coolest thing about repentance. Alma teaches Heleman in Alma 37:9, "their words brought them unto repentance; that is, they brought them to the knowledge of the Lord their God, and to rejoice in Jesus Christ their Redeemer." Read it again. Repentance brings us to a knowledge of God and causes us to rejoice! "A true testimony of the Savior is a true testimony of repentance." I know that repentance is a joyful process. When we are able to overcome our carnal state and withstand temptation, God rejoices with us. Be better daily. Bring forth fruit meet for repentance. Follow the example of Jesus Christ. Turn to Him and away from the things of the world. Nothing can bring you more peace.

I leave the MTC early Monday morning and I can hardly believe that. It feels like only a day has gone by. Already, I am becoming a "new creature in Christ". Being here has been so transformational. For one, I learned to shoot hoops. But most importantly I learned about the character of Christ. One of our teachers asked us to evaluate how we taught in our first week to how we taught this last week. Huge difference! In the beginning I remember being so concerned with myself. How did I do that? Was I okay? How can I teach that better? Two weeks later and the questions have changed: Did I follow promptings of the Spirit? Did my investigator feel the Spirit? Did they build their faith in Christ? Do they have a desire to repent? I am learning to turn outward and focus on others. My studying has become a desperate search for what my investigators need to learn and feel. It is so powerful and fills me with love for whomever I am teaching. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love being able to testify of Him and His restored church constantly.

Friday was a crazy day. In-Field Orientation. AKA. 8 hour meeting. And it was so fun. I learned so much about how to really be a successful missionary. I think that thing that stuck out to me the most was the workshop about my attitude and belief as a missionary. I always hear about "greenie fire" in relation to brand new missionaries. I 110% reject this notion. I'm gonna have greenie fire my whole mission. (You laugh now. Wait and see.) Setting high expectations for myself, my companion, the ward I'm in, and my investigators will make me a more effective missionary.  If we have faith in Christ we can do all things which are expedient in Him. I'm just so pumped to be in GA and to love the people there and meet everyone and tell everyone about God's kingdom on the Earth, preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah.

Also. I had a little epiphany. We were asked to think about what our message is as missionaries  and how we would explain it briefly. I came up with these 10 words: God wants His children back through Jesus Christ's restored gospel. How cool is that? I love the words of Christ as found in 3 Nephi, "20 Now this is the commandment: Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day. 21 Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;" Live the gospel. Consider on the blessed and happy state of those who keep the commandments of God. We know the things that we must do. As
you do them, God will bless you so richly in this life and in the eternities.

Headed to conference soon - SO PUMPED. Love you so much. Learn lots today. Go and receive revelation. The Lord loves you and the church is true.

Yours,
Sister Gore 💙 💙 💙


Emma MTC Blossoms

MTC District

District Jump - Emma the Organizer ;)

MTC Zone



No comments:

Post a Comment