Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Hi!

It is really hard to know what to fit into these emails, let me tell you that. It was a crazy week - seriously, flew by. 

This week I learned that it gets so much harder to be a missionary when you love. We visit a lady, she was baptized about. I wanna say 10 years ago but hasn't been to church consistently in a really long time. She lets silly things get in the way of her living the gospel and is incredibly stubborn. She doesn't allow the Spirit to teach her things, and she knows it. We sat in her home on Tuesday and read from the Book of Mormon and she told us the same things she always tells missionaries about why she isn't doing what she knows is right. Sister V and I left unsure how to help her - what would get in to her heart and help her to change. We left her house and I just cried. It is hard to love people and to love the gospel. But it is so good. 

Peaches and Boom and Jr!! I love to talk about them. Also, Peaches is her real name. They are awesome. Each time we go they all have such sincere questions and desire to change and do better at living the gospel. And Boom had more questions this week!! He wanted to know why it was that God worked through a church, and why there could only be one true church on the Earth. We explained to Boom about the Priesthood and the need for God's authority and power to organize and teach the fullness of the gospel. He stayed and listened and talked for longer this week than he did last week. Then he said "Wow okay I'm feeling something, time to go!" and left. He is so funny - And that thing he was feeling is the Holy Ghost!! I feel like Boom is ready for the lessons. He wants to know. He sees a change in his girlfriend and in his son. However, Boom knows that living the gospel would mean a lifestyle change. That will be hard. God knows Boom and Boom's needs and it is so exciting for Sister Vuki and I to watch his heart be softened. Thank you for praying for this precious family. 

On Thursday this week we had Zone Training Meeting. We go to the Macon stake center for that. It was such a powerful and Spirit directed meeting. I left my notes at home (sorry) but we talked a lot about contacting and the Book of Mormon and how we can be more unified. President Grayson has a vision for the Georgia Macon Mission and I will share it with you next week. You really need to see the chart to understand it. So.. yeah, sorry I can't explain more in that regard. I have gained such a strong testimony that this is God's work that I am a part of. I went home after ZTM and prayed about the vision President Grayson has and received confirmation that it is right - that it is from God. I am so thankful that we are able to receive revelation - that God loves us so much that He makes His will known to us.

Georgia is like nothing I have ever experienced in any measure. I have said so many prayers on the street with strangers and we all hold hands and everybody interjects to say "Amen" and "Thank you, Jesus" and it is so awesome. Everyone here is so kind and good and really loves God. Also, fun fact, Macon has more DIFFERENT churches per square mile than anywhere else in the entire world. How crazy is that? We had a special ward council just this week that was totally missionary focused. Bishop C said that they were going to work us so hard we'd need another set of missionaries. We are pumped. Our ward mission leader is awesome. He is a convert to the church of 27 years and he has lots of excitement for getting this work going. He is good to us. Brother H told a story yesterday in gospel principles: When he was young, before he joined the church, he used to regret that he hadn't been born 2000 years earlier so as to meet an Apostle of the Lord and shake their hand. All his childhood, Brother H longed for that experience - to meet one of the Lord's special witnesses. He joined the church - the church with living Apostles and a living Prophet!! - and one day was visiting a stake conference in South Carolina on a business trip. Elder Holland was the visiting general authority at the conference and after the meeting Brother Hildebrand found himself lucky enough to shake that blessed Apostle's hand in the hallway. His childhood dream had become a reality!! 
How cool is that? I am so thankful for the organization of Christ's church - for living Apostles and a Prophet who lead and guide us under the direction of Jesus Christ. 

I haven't had any strange food yet. Squash is a big thing in the South and I love it. The hardest thing to eat so far has been Hamburger Helper - how funny is that. 

Easter was great. We got to sing in the choir. I Stand All Amazed, He Is Risen. We closed that program with I Wonder When He Comes Again and there was so much crying. I love that song. The Spirit was so strong in that meeting and the chapel was packed. Sister V and I did color eggs.  :)

Keep being good and living righteously.


Love you much,
Sister Gore

Sister Gore and Sister V!
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment