Monday, May 14, 2018

Another week, another letter! 

Highilghts:

This week we made contact with a girl who has been attending church on and off with her boyfriend and his family for 4 years. Different circumstances have moved her into a position such that she wants to be closer to God and had recognized the restored gospel of Jesus Christ as the thing that can fulfill her need and bring her peace. Pooler's Bishop put us in contact with her and we are seeing her on Sunday!

Friday was MLC. I got to sit by Sister Orton!!!! Happy things. It was a good meeting. Talked a lot about becoming as the Savior is. How we can develop His attributes and truly come to represent Him in our missionary work. On the way home from MLC Sister Rowland and I looked up the general conference address in which President Monson announced that the age at which young women can apply for full-time missionary service had been lowered to 19. How grateful I am for that revelation. I cannot begin to thank my Heavenly Father for His great mercy in allowing me to be here each day and to labor "in behalf of the welfare of the souls of those who knew not God".

Saturday we moved a lady from church. She lives on the 2nd floor of an apartment complex and moved to the second floor of the next building over in the same complex.  Let me tell you.... we were so wiped. Oh it was a long weekend. But it was fun and we met a lot of people which was positive. Also in the process of moving we let this lady's cat out on accident because I mean... There's just all the doors open and a skiddish cat. Ack! What a desperate prayer Sister Rowland and I said as this sweet and expecting lady walked around in the heat looking for her cat. One of her friends who came later in the day heard a bird chirping and followed the bird to the cat. Miracle.

Love you tons! And I love this work! The Book of Mormon is through and through the word of God. Jesus Christ stands at the head of His Church restored to the Earth by the prophet Joseph Smith. God is a loving Father. He loves us as we are. Further, He loves us enough to expect more of us and to help us grow. I know that He has a plan for our happiness and development in this life and in the next. I am grateful for my sweet family and that I can be with them forever because of Jesus Christ.

Make it a happy week! Choose to exercise your faith and watch it grow!

Yours,

Sister Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment