Monday, March 20, 2017

The MTC (Missionary Training Center) is the happiest place on earth. The Holy Ghost is here always. It is so wonderful to be surrounded by courageous young men and young women who know the truth and are eager to serve the Lord. The words "we have been taught, and we understand" have been in my head for about a month. They are why I am here. I have been taught the truths of the restored gospel and I understand the great importance of making them known to all God's children. I want to aid in this cause and serve my Savior.

All over the MTC there are pictures of the Savior and underneath the photo "Become as He Is" - that's the goal! To be like Jesus Christ. As missionaries, we are so blessed to wear the name of Jesus Christ next to our own on our name tags. It is so humbling and has reduced to me to tears of gratitude more than once. I am coming to understand that I am standing in the Savior's place as a representative of Him in inviting His children to follow Him. It makes me think so carefully about everything I do - how I walk and talk and treat others and even think.

Sister Shakespear [my companion] is so cool. She comes from a family of 6 kids, we're the same height and shoe size, and we basically jog at the same pace which is bueno. She's not nearly as outgoing as I am but we are learning to connect and be friends and teach through the Spirit. It is a challenge but it is one we welcome. We find great strength in praying together often. I have never prayed more frequently or earnestly in my life and it's wonderful!

Our branch president, President Williams, shared this quote with us that I'll close with: When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, in that moment God will endow us with power. --Ezra Taft Benson

Strive for this! Be obedient in all things - it is a sure way to have peace and joy. Study the Book of Mormon as individuals and as a family always. Be peacemakers. Pray for charity. Follow the example of Jesus Christ in all things. The Church is true. The gospel is true. Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ love you more than you can comprehend. Seek to please them.  As a missionary I literally get to wear the name of Christ, but each of you has also taken His name at baptism and each Sunday as you take the sacrament and renew that covenant. Remember that.

Know that I love you dearly...

Love,
Sister Gore


Sister Gore and Sister Shakespear

Sister Gore & her District at The Provo Temple

The Sisters.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment